· When you provide it to us, e.g. by contacting us.
· We collect information from you when you register on our websites, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form or donate money.
· First name.
· Last name.
· Job title.
· Email address.
· Any other information contained in the email you send us (for example, any information in your email signature, if applicable), or supplementary information supplied by you during any internet transaction.
· Phone number.
· Any information you provide to us during a telephone conversation or meeting
· The details of any goods or services you purchase from us online or over the telephone.
· IP address.
· Information about your computer or device (e.g. device and browser type).
· Information about how you use any of our websites (e.g. which pages you have viewed, the time when you viewed them and what you clicked on).
We use your information for administrative and business purposes (particularly to contact you) and in connection with our legal rights and obligations.
In particular, we may use this information for the following reasons:
We will disclose your information only to the extent necessary to run our business, to fulfil any contracts we enter into with you or your company, where required by law or to enforce our legal rights. This includes trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you.
We will not sell your information to third parties.
Your details will only be made available to other organisations operating under the Severn Valley Railway name to include: Severn Valley Railway Charitable Trust Ltd, Severn Valley Railway (Holdings) plc, Severn Valley Railway Co Ltd and other SVR organisations which may be introduced from time to time.
We retain your information for no longer than
necessary, taking into account any legal obligations we have (e.g. to maintain
records for tax purposes), any other legal basis we have for using your
information (e.g. your consent, or our legitimate interests as a business).
We use appropriate technical and organisational
measures such as storing your information on secure servers.
· To access your information and to receive information about its use
· To have your information corrected and/or completed
· To have your information deleted
· To restrict the use of your information
· To object to the use of your information
· To withdraw your consent to the use of your information
· To complain to a supervisory authority
We do not
knowingly or intentionally collect what is commonly referred to as ‘sensitive’
We use third party servers to host our websites. Our website servers automatically log the IP address you use to access our websites as well as other information about your visit such as the pages accessed, information requested, the date and time of the request, the type of device you are using, your approximate location, the source of your access to our website (e.g. the website or URL (link) which referred you to our website), and your browser version and operating system.
Unless we need to investigate suspicious or potential criminal activity, we will not attempt nor will we allow our website server providers to identify you or attempt to identify you from the information collected via server logs.
Messages you send us are stored within our third party hosting provider's secure data centres primarily within the European Union and United Kingdom.
Information about your call, such as your phone number and the date and time of your call, is processed and stored by our third party telephone service provider which is located in the United Kingdom.